To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Condenser light vs. cold light?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 10:06:07 -0700

At 07:11 AM 5/17/96 -0400, you wrote:

>empirical methodology, I would direct you to read what Howard Bond says
>about the issue in the Jul/Aug 1995 issue of "Darkroom and Creative Camera
>Techniques," page 17.  Think he finally lays this issue to rest...hopefully
>once and for all!

Well, Howard Bond is a good photographer. And I've seen some of his original
prints in a local bed and breakfast here in Southern Oregon. But, I don't
think he's all that. And anyone who claims to put such this issue to rest
once and for all is fooling themselves. There are too many good
photographers who disagree.
It's not that one or the other is better, but finding which one works for
you. I personally have never had problems with sharpness with diffusion
enlargers, and considering the lack of spotting it gives a printer, I can't
see why anyone would use condensers, except to not have to pay to upgrade an
enlarger.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier