To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: LEDs on R6 mirror box / Salgado
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Mon, 20 May 1996 07:28:32 -0700

At 10:00 AM 5/20/96 +0200, you wrote:

>Some weeks ago I saw a TV documentary about the famous Brazilian "Magnum"
photographer Sebastiao Salgado. He was shown while shooting for his "Workers"

Some people consider him the true successor to W. Eugene Smith as the best
in the business. I think that's pretty accurate. I can't think of a
photographer who has as grand a vision as Salgado.

>Being merely an M user I have no idea what these LEDs are for but I'd like
to know this of course. Even Leica's R6 brochure couldn't help me but I'm quite

Does the R6 have an LED to illuminate the aperture, like the R7 does? In
dark places, the R7 has it to make everything in the viewfinder easily
visible, and it works great, but it does show on the outside.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier