To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: LEDs on R6 mirror box / Salgado
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Mon, 20 May 1996 14:33:06 -0700

At 02:03 PM 5/20/96 -0400, you wrote:

>This LED illumination device could be a big help. On the other hand
>when you shoot in very low light...you know you'll be using the lens
>wide open and you also know that you'll be shooting at a relatively
>long shutter speed. I'm satisfied with my R4, without the lights.
>Don't LEDs use lots of battery "juice"? I have a camera with LEDs

I don't think they take much current. A lot less than a grain-of-wheat bulb,
I'm sure. And you have to turn it on before it eats batteries. Though I
found with my rather large fingers, it happened a lot with my R7 by
accident. Though should have had a button like the Nikon F3.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier