To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Lighter tripods (and very light tripods)
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 00:11:13 -0700

At 04:38 AM 5/21/96 +0100, you wrote:

>serious question. Responses along the lines of "Personally I always
>carry a heavy brass Gitzo Killer-Brute tripod with 5" solid granite ball
>head" will not be considered helpful! Any opinions?

My one and only tripod is the Gizto Sport (smaller than the reporter by
1/8th inch less diameter legs) that is very light. It goes up to about 80
inches and one leg breaks into a monopod (okay, not breaks <g>). I have the
large Leitz ballhead on it, and it works just fine for everything up to a
300 2.8, if you are careful.

And we were just talking about tests, right? Tripods are necessary for test,
but not necessarily for real shooting. I use my tripod about 1 out of 10
assignments, and monopod for a lot of sports.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier