To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: David Alan Harvey
From: "Charles E. Albertson" <chucko@eskimo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 22:32:17 -0700

Well, *somebody* had to change the name of this thread...

At 11:54 AM 5/21/96 -0700, Eric Welch wrote:
>At 12:05 PM 5/21/96 -0400, you wrote:
>
>>a whole pile of Kodachrome 200.  Do you know if that is true?  If so, then
>>that kind of purism really seems to pay off for him!
>
>Yes, it's true, he told me so when he was at the University of Missouri.
>Except some times it's only one M6 and a 35 and 50. So much for having to
>have lots of hardware to shoot great pictures. Of course, it fits his style.
>Your mileage may vary.

     Worth watching for in re-runs this summer is the "National Geographic
Explorer" segment that featured Harvey and his working style, covering (as
best I can recall -- I tuned into the tail end of it when it aired about a
month ago) a championship game in the Cuban baseball league. NGE runs on
Sunday evening on one of the Turner cable channels, and they occasionally
profile one of the magazine's staff or contract photographers. Harvey was
working with one M6 and a small flash, both of which were pretty well soaked
with champagne or rum or whatever in the winner's locker room after the
game, as was Harvey. Hard work, but it looked like a fun assignment
nevertheless. Looking forward to seeing it in the magazine.

Charles E. Albertson
Seattle, Wash.
chucko@mail.eskimo.com