To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: CLE
From: James J Dempsey <jjd@k12-nis-2.bbn.com>
Date: Fri, 24 May 1996 15:27:35 -0400

Eric Welch writes about the Leica CLE:
> Yet, I find
> nothing interesting about the camera except maybe ttl flash. The manual
> exposure problem is probably as much as anything a lack of insight into the
> way a "Leica clone" should operate as to guarantee the doom of the camera.
>
> Can you tell I don't think much of them? <g> I know many who love them. I'm
> just not one of them.

I assume you ar talking about the CLE and not the CL.  I love my
Leitz-Minolta CL.  It is just the right size and takes pictures that
are the equal of my M6.  I just wish you could still buy real PX625
batteries for it and that the metering system had no moving parts: use
LEDs instead of mechanical match needle and don't use a swinging meter
arm.

I feel more comfortable using and carrying the CL than the M6.
I just picked up four more PX625 cells while in France, so I should be
set for a few years, battery wise.

                       --Jim Dempsey--
                         jjd@bbn.com
              http://frontdoor.bbn.com/users/jjd