To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Summicron Dual Range
From: gang@mtdcr.mt.att.com
Date: Mon, 27 May 96 11:44:08 EDT

Ernest Nitka <eenitka@ibm.net> wrote:

>I am new to the list and to Leica.  Simple ?  What does the dual range
>nomenclature refer to when listed for the 50 mm Sumicron?  TIA

Dual range(DR) literaly means the lens has two working ranges. One from 1m
to infinity, the other from about 0.5m to 1m with a special rangefinder
attachment. It is optically the same as the non-collapsible Summicron
made at that time. If you only need the 1m - infinity, you may be able
to find good bargains on the DRs without the attachment. I bought mine
with perfect glass last year in a Palo Alto store for $270.

gang huang
at&t bell laboratories
gang@mtdcr.att.com