To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Lens Cleaning
From: MISC2636@cantva.canterbury.ac.nz (Michael)
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 15:11:36 +1200
Date-Warning: Date header was inserted by csc.canterbury.ac.nz

>I asked from local camera and optics repair shop,
>how to clean a lens. There I was told the way they
>they do it at the shop. They use three ingredients:
> - highly refined petroleum spirit,
> - wads of cotton and
> - pressurizer air (from aerosol can).

I was lead to believe (today in fact) by an excellent repairer, that the
inside elements of leitz lens' (in this case an old M-series Summarit) had
a liquidish type coating that is smudged or removed ON CONTACT...
        So I suppose the moral of the story is not to take a Leica lens apart!

Cheers
Michael Moffatt.