To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leitz Glass (but made in Japan)
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 08:26:49 -0700

At 06:00 PM 5/28/96 -0700, you wrote:

>One thing I forget to say in my original post was that around 50-60% of
>these lenses are rejected.

Zeiss, when they were building their legendary 80-200 that will focus almost
down to the front lens element (and is as sharp as single focal length
lenses and cost it) rejected almost 80 or 90 per cent if I remember
correctly. Some ungodly number, anyway. That's according to Blake Ziegler,
the US Contax rep. who is also the father of the G1.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier