To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (leica-users)
Subject: Re: Lens Cleaning
From: ohtonen@SWSGEN01ES.ntc.nokia.com (Ohtonen Pasi (NTC/Helsinki))
Date: Thu, 30 May 1996 13:11:52 +0300

It is very interesting to realize, that for as basic skill as lens cleaning,

there seems to be many different opinions. I have had very good luck
with my lenses during my sixteen years of shooting - partially because
of using filters though. Perhaps because of my luck, I don't master the
skill myself. Now I have my first real challenge in that area and I really
want to thank all of you, who have given very valuable information from
this topic.
Now I'm going to go to a camera shop and find out one of those "miracle
cloths". The lens in question is a Nikkor AF 28-85, which was "damaged"
while shooting a baby, the lens in it's macro position. A small hand is
faster than the eye...

Regards,

Pasi Ohtonen