To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Three arguments
From: Hans Pahlen <hans.pahlen@mark.komvux.se>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 1996 23:07:25 +0200 (MET DST)

This message is an answer to Olivier Guillermain:

Three argument against Leica M6:
1) 1/000th as fastest shutter speed.
400 ASA, F/16 and 1/1000th is something you might need on a very sunny
beach. I can promise you, that you do not need a shorter exposure with a 400
ASA film.

Sometimes I put the bottom cover in a pocket, sometimes I hold it in the
hand with two fingers. I have never thought of it as a problem. On the
contrary, my problems come when I try to load a "modern" autoload camera.
Then I put in the film tongue too far or too short, and the film will not
wind. That is what I call a real problem!

3) Automatic fill-in flash:
Well, on the M6 you will have to do it manually. OK for creative photography
but bad for fast news photography. Today many news editors want fill-in
flash on everything. But I want to have a picture as I saw it, in its
natural light, so I can live with that.

Good luck to you, Olivier!

Regards, Hans