To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Aspherical vs ASPH
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 1996 09:31:08 -0700

At 05:39 AM 6/6/96 -0700, you wrote:

>That's my point, Eric. You can't even make that case. In fact, you can't
>compare the exact same lens in either M or R version that undergoes any
>change whatsoever. But, we try, and for most of us, that's the fun of it.
>The saving grace is that *most* good lenses are beyond the ability of *most*
>of us to evaluate under *most* circumstances.

I disagree. You shoot through either lens, lay the slides down side by side,
you make comparisons. If you own both systems, it's a quite useful
comparison when talking about lens performance. Why bother with the M lens,
if the R lens is better and you don't have to worry about the other
tradeoffs? Or visa versa.

Or is your point you should own both so you have the best of both worlds? <g>

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier