To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: New 50mm Summilux M
From: idawson@anbg.gov.au (Iain Dawson)
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 96 11:42:15 EST

Forgive me if this has already been dealt with but I am new to this list.  I recently read a news item in a photographic magazine about a new version of the 50mm Summilux M.   The major change was closer focussing ability.  Has this lens been recomputed or has the focussing helicoid just been extended? Does anyone have any experience of the new lens, and how does it compare optically with its predecessor?

Iain Dawson