To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Loading that M6
From: Leon Bell <lbell@hiwaay.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 1996 11:48:39 -0500

George Moore wrote:

> Hi
>
> I've just read yet another magazine review of the M6 that makes a big deal
> about how hard it is to load.
>
> Yes I agree for a first time user it is a bit strange, BUT, after a while
> you can almost do it with your eyes closed.
>
> My method .... take the base plate off and put in your mouth (don't laugh),
> camera around your neck, lens facing your chest, you have two hands free to load
>
> On a recent holiday with friends, I had a new film loaded and ready to go
> before their auto p/s had  re wound the film
>
> Does this "Oh but it's hard to load" line annoy other Leica users ?
>
> Regards,
>
> George Moore, Sydney Australia
>
> gmoore@magna.com.au
Couldn't agree more.  Once you get used to the loading of the M6 it
really is simple.  There is also nothing as reassuring as seeing the
rewind lever move every time the film is advanced to confirm that the
film really is in correctly.  I have seen several instances of people
having never really gotten their film loaded with the modern style
auto cameras.
Leon Bell