To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: RE: crackpot idea
From: Charles Albertson <chucko@eskimo.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 1996 10:54:23 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 8 Jun 1996, Roger L. Beamon wrote:

> Yo, Mike, is that Windata stuff really necessary? A private email would
> cover it, not?
>        --
>        Roger Beamon,   Natural History Interpreter & Photographer
>                                   Docent: Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
>                                   INTERNET: beamon@primenet.com

	I believe the Windata stuff gets attached to all e-mail that goes
through the Microsoft Network mailer, or one of the Win95 email clients,
and no one seems to have come up with a way to get rid of it; it has
something to do with support for the "rich text" format. Whenever I
get mail from any of my brothers (most of whom seem to work out at the
Velvet Seatshop in Redmond), I have to do a controlled burn of my
attachments directory to get rid of the things. I've heard the new MS
Exchange mail server (which only runs on WinNT) gets rid of this
annoyance.

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.