To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: strange spacing suddenly
From: Willem-Jan Markerink <w.j.markerink@a1.NL>
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 1996 13:19:19 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <wjmarkerink@mail.a1.nl>

On  8 Jun 96 at 21:51, Fred Ward wrote:

> Bill Barrett wrote and pointed out that one or two of my messages
> suddenly came through double-spaced and with an equal sign at the end of
> each line..... like the ones below:
>

> > Having owned only the 90mm Summicron and the black Tele Elmarit from =
> >
> > Canada, I do not know about the other Elmarit. So, I cannot compare =
> >
> > them. I have had very solid results with these two however. I don=B9t
> even =
> >
> > know if this black one is what you are describing as the new one or
> the =
> >
> > old one. I thought the Canadian material was all relatively newer than
> =
> >
> > the German designs, but that may not be true in this case. =
> >

> I have changed nothing. I am still using the mail system within Netscape
> 2.01 and still using Erols.com in Washington, DC.  I too saw my own
> message come back that way and wondered what was going on.
>
> I have no idea but would like to know if it does it again.

If you had numbers like '20' along with these signs, I would suspect
a Rich Text formatting.
Perhaps you changed the character for included/reply text? Or change
line lenght?

PS: there are better mailers than Netscape!

--
Bye,

     _/  _/ illem    _/     _/ an    _/  _/  _/ arkerink
                     _/_/_/

The difference
between men and boys
is the price of their toys