To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Got my M3 fixed (finally)
From: "Juan F. Sanz Cervera" <jsanz@uv.es>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 00:12:14 +0200

>From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
>Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 07:32:53 +0000
>Subject: Re: Got my M3 fixed (finally)
>
>> It would be great if we could get Mr. Goldberg on this list.  Anyone know
>> if he has a computer?
>>
>> Michael Bell
>
>Put yourself in Don's place. He would be instantly targeted by us all
>with all manner of questions about whatever we had on our minds. He
>would then have to make the decision as to whether he cares to
>respond or just let the questions go unanswered. The former would
>require enough time from his schedule to materially reduce his time
>spent on business. The latter would, of course, make him the "hard
>guy" in the eyes of the participants.
>
>It's a lose, lose situation that few people in the field,
>professionally, have the time or the inclination to tackle. With all
>the people involved professionally, in the photographic business,
>both shooters and the business types, why do you suppose that we hear
>from so few on these lists? They're too busy earning a living, that's
>why.

[...]

For what it's worth, I can say that Harry Fleenor, a very renowned and
highly reputed Rollei repairman is on the Rollei list, and he doesn't seem
to have the problems you mention. I guess that by giving some advice he can
also benefit from the exposure he gets. I would say that in this case, it's
a win, win situation for everybody on the list IMHO.

Regards,

      - Juan F. Sanz Cervera