To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Shutter whizzle sound
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 15:38:43 -0700

At 07:59 PM 6/13/96 +0200, you wrote:

>I have no time to do it before my summer vacation, so my question is: How
>much will this influence the shutter speeds? (I would like to bring this
>body for B/W photography, as the shutter speeds seem OK when I look at the
>shutter operating an all speeds.)

How soon? Don Goldberg might be able to get it to you in time. I once sent
him an R4 for repair on a Thursday, and he had it back on Monday. Now that's
fast!

On the other hand, shoot a roll of film on C-41 and take it to the color
lab. Don't even have prints made to save money, and see if the negatives
look good. Quick and easy test that could save your vacation photos if
something is remiss.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier