To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Re: Leica M6 competition...
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@apple.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 96 23:24:54 -0700

A camera of the calibre of the Leica M is an expensive thing to
manufacture
and would have to be saleable in fairly significant numbers to warrant
the
investiture by a camera company. Particularly if it were to sell at a
volume
price. In today's marketplace, automation and features are considered
more
important than quality of construction and ultimate reliability.

Thankfully, for those of us who value the latter qualities, Leica is still
around. It would be wonderful if there were other choices, but I doubt
that
there will be for the foreseeable future.

>	If you want to see more panorama pictures taken with
>	M7, check out: http://www.msc.cornell.edu/~sachse/panorama.html

Wolfgang, when I try to access this URL, I get
"error 404: The requested URL /~sachse/panorama.html was not found on
this
server."

I have looked at the Mamiya 7 and its precursor the Mamiya 6 as well. I
think
I would like one but I don't think it competes with the Leica M, for me
anyway.
A fine camera in its own right, unfortunately one which I don't think
I'll be
able to spring for anytime soon due to the cost.

Godfrey