To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Nikon F5 or why I like my R7
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 1996 00:00:08 -0700

At 02:34 PM 6/21/96 PDT, you wrote:

>Perhaps I'm showing my ignorance here, or maybe I've just had my head
>stuffed in the sand for a while, but is there anyone out there who has heard
>any rumours (or, better yet, has solid knowledge) of what an R8 might be
>like or when it will appear?

I've heard it will have a built-in motor, and rewind, and that it will have
1/250 flash sync, but it won't be AF.

But then they were saying Nikon's F5 would go 13 fps, have built-in image
stabalization and come with a 20-35 f/2 and 80-200 f/2 lenses that sell for
less than $2,000. Not even close as the annoucnements show. The F5 is
probably state of the Art, but who's art?

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier