To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Fill-in flash with M6?
From: gang@mtdcr.mt.lucent.com
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 12:47:04 -0400

> - Are there any flash units that contain adjustable "delay"
>for getting the sync near to the trailing edge of the shutter?
>The latter would be a nice "plus".

There is no such flash unit that I am aware of but you can build a simple
adjustable delay circuit which takes the x-sync from M6 and regenerate a
pulse, say, 100 ms later to trigger the flash. You would have to experiment
with the amount of delay for each slow shutter speed on the M6 so that the
flash is triggered right before the second curtain starts moving. Since the
M6 shutter is fairly accurate and consistant, you can reliably repeate the
delay settings once the circuit is calibrated.

Gang Huang
Advanced Communications Technologies
Bell Laboratories
200 Laurel Ave. 3B-216