To: "Leica Users Group" <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>, "Michael Volow" <mvolo@acpub.duke.edu>
Subject: Re: Fill-in flash ...
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 96 07:28:27 -0700

>I like Godfrey's concept. But what speed film does this work best with
>with the Leica M?

I'd recommend a little experimentation as it depends upon the lighting
circumstances a great deal. Pick a film for the primary working distance
you need for a given scene and flash unit so you have aperture range
to work with, then look at what the ambient light fill will require
with your meter, assuming that aperture setting. I've used film speeds
from 50-400 with various conditions

By the way, another tickle on this theme is a bit slower working
but can provide some really nice pictures. Best to use with a tripod:
do the ambient exposure first and then fire the flash manually. This
puts the sharp flash exposure over the often slightly blurred ambient
fill.

Godfrey