To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Looking for Leica service recommendations
From: fortunko@boulder.nist.gov (C.M. Fortunko)
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 1996 12:36:43 -0600

LUGger's

I am deeply disturbed by this news. Although I do not own a screw-mount
camera, I am a regular user of both the 65mm Elmar-V and 200mm Telyt-V. Both
are great lenses and I am sure that so are other screw-mount lenses.

If Leica continues on this course, they will be no different than Cannon,
Nikon, and others.

I don't mind not having specials. That is a justified business decision.
However, not supporting screw-mount equipment is tantamount to a break with
tradition. This is very bad. If fixing screw-mount gear does not pay, then
change the fee structure.

Anyway, Ernst Hartmann from Leica NJ told me a similar story recently.

Best regards to all.

Pax et Looks

Chris