To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Looking for Leica service recommendations
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 1996 00:34:20 -0700

At 12:36 PM 7/1/96 -0600, you wrote:

>I don't mind not having specials. That is a justified business decision.
>However, not supporting screw-mount equipment is tantamount to a break with
>tradition. This is very bad. If fixing screw-mount gear does not pay, then
>change the fee structure.

They dropped servicing screw mount cameras back in the late 80s I believe. I
was surprised to hear they were still servicing the lenses. But don't even
compare them with Canon or Nikon, where you can't even get good service any
more on cameras that were built in the 70s! Leica is a small company. And
there are plenty of independent repair stations that can do good work. Leica
could at least maintain a list of who's good at it.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier

Replies: Reply from "joe b." <joe@azurite.demon.co.uk> (Re: Looking for Leica service recommendations)