To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Film help
From: "Hubert Nowotny" <HUBERTN@ctr.co.at>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 1996 09:09:33 +0100

Dick,

I can't help adding my two cent's worth of experience ...
I'm devoted to maximum results, most beautiful, extremely accurate,
etc etc. My favourite subjects are nature (flowers, landscape in
all seasons asf) an indoor shots of cultural monuments e.g. churches
My films (after a long voyage through all the products;
recommendations valid for top class Leica lenses as well as rarer
animals as e.g. Angenieux):

Kodak Ektachrome 64 Professional (EPR) for outdoor in summer and
winter whenever there's the sun at least anywhere visible (the film
falls into blue when the sun disappears ...)

Kodak Kodachrome 200 Professional (PKL) for indoor available whenever
there is a spot of sunlight inside (PKL is not too useable with
exclusively artificial light)

Kodak Ektachrome 64 and 320 Professional Tungsten  (EPY ?) for night
and indoor (well, Tungsten says it all)

Agfa RSX 200 for outdoor when light is dim, it's rainy asf (whenever
EPR would turn blue), even in evenings and beginning night (it shows
quite interesitng shades of green with artificial light ...)

(For Pentax 6x7 with original optics the new Panther or Elite or
what's all the names Kodak slide films have proved to show beautiful
colors.)

HTH & have a fine day!

> > Date:          Wed, 03 Jul 1996 21:49:53 -0500
> > To:            leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
> > From:          "Richard W. Hemingway" <n5xrd@telepath.com>
> > Subject:       Film help

> Thanks to everyone for the information.
>
> Dick Hemingway
> Norman, OK

* Von/From: HUBERT NOWOTNY, CTR Hatzenberger & Nowotny OEG
* A-1040 Wien/Vienna, Kettenbrueckengasse 16 (Austria, Europe ...)
* Tel ++43-1- 586 20 22 - 0, Fax ++43-1- 586 20 22 - 24
* hubertn@ctr.co.at, http://www.ctr.co.at/ctr/