To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica and APS
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 1996 23:48:50 -0700

At 01:20 AM 7/8/96 -0400, you wrote:

>However, probably at least 80 percent of the new 35mm cameras sold are basic
>point and shoots. Most folks who use these cameras use them for special
>events, vacations, etc. They are the ones who have trouble loading their
>cameras, and to whom APS should appeal.

Another thing I think working against APS is those cardboard cameras people
have been using recently. I see them everywhere. Why buy a fancy camera when
you can shoot with a box camera? For snapshots and river trips, that is. I
don't think APS has a chance against that. But I've been wrong before.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier
NPPA Job Information Bank Chair
Region 11

Immature poets borrow, mature poets steal"

T. S. Eliot