To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: leica and other brands
From: "Jan Decher" <dech0001@gold.tc.umn.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 96 11:11:05 -0500

I just heard today on Compuserve that Leica is making a new zoom, an 80-200
> f/4 that is made by Kyocera! Contax! Mabye this is a good sign?

I think any interaction like that is to be welcomed.  Look what is happening to
Apple Macintosh these days (to use a non-camera example) - because they did not
release their  patents to others earlier, and remained rather incompatible and
expensive, they are loosing out against the giants.
 Leica would be smart to interact with other (Kyocera, Novoflex, Tamron etc.).
Why shouldn't we be able to use a Zeiss Tessar 2.8/45 mm "pancake lens" on a
Leica R 6 (would make the R6 a lot more attractive to me!).  I also wouldn't
mind using an Elmar or Summicron on my Olympus OM 3...

Just my 2 cts. of opinion

Jan
St. Paul, Minnesota