To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: ELPH (not Santa's helpers)
From: Jack Hamilton <jackham@execpc.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 13:32:03 -0500

Fred Ward wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I m just in from California and my head is still a little fried.
>
> What is an ELPH (sounds like ELF I suppose) and why is it such a hot
> topic at the moment on here?
>
> Fred

Hey, Fred:

Glad, as always---

 to see you didn't fall into the sea...in your California visit.

The Elph is a new  just-about-auto-everything camera, made by Canon, for the APS
format.(Geese, it's not for me... I'd rather keep on making my own mistakes...I've been
successfully doing it for years, now! Got a heck of a lot of 'em in print, too!!!)

Having written that...I'm waiting for the Leica police to remove me from this
exchange...

Why did we start to talk about it here?...Oh, yeah, I remember...we were discussin'
Leicas...and whether or not they would ever introduce an APS camera...or some such...and
then we started to discuss what world class manufacturers were going into APS..and then
we got into Canon ELPHS...

And, as Paul Harvey would say, "Now you know the rest of the story..."

Sorry...and "no" it's not a helper for Santa Claus...and it has nothing to do with
Rudolph (of reindeer fame)...or Leica, for that matter...

SO LET'S GET ON TO MORE PERTINENT SUBJECTS, HERR FRITZ...

Cordially,
Jack Hamilton
Milwaukee, Wis. USA

Message from Fred Ward <fward@erols.com> (Re: ELPH)