To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: M4 & M5
From: "Jan Decher" <dech0001@gold.tc.umn.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 96 17:37:29 -0500

I apologize for my ignorance but why would anyone prefer an M3 to an M4?  Was
something changed on the M4 that the M3 had?

Also there is very little talk about the M5 on this list.  From a German
brochure I have, I know the M5 is a slightly bigger camera but it already had
TTL metering PLUS the selftimer that I miss on the M6.  How good was that meter?
  I also think the large shutter speed wheel around the shutter release button
is a lot more convenient to use (copied by Canon in their EF-SLR).  Is anyone on
this list actively using an M5?  Is the M5 reliable?  Is it worth the buy (KEH
current price for M5 3 LUG [???] = $2370)?

Jan
St. Paul, Minnesota

Jan Decher, Ph.D.
2283 Brewster St. #3