To: "Leica Users Group" <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>, <zapcomix@silcom.com>
Subject: Re: Looking for an M-4P and Summicron
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 96 04:57:21 -0700

>I am looking for an M-4P and 50 or 35 summicron.  What should I pay
>for these, and any tips on how I could get a good deal on them.

I purchased my M4-P and lens kit last year. I found a vg+ cosmetic, exc-
mechanicals body, with strap, cap, manual and box, for $680 in a private
sale.
The 50mm Summicron-M f/2 and 28mm Summicron-M f/2.8 I bought from my local
dealer in mint condition, with cases, hoods, and boxes, for $550 and $895
respectively. My 90mm Summicron f/2 was acquired from Jim Kuehl for $450
in exc- condition.

The only item that was difficult to find at the price I could afford was
the body ... most of the bodies I looked at were either mint collectibles
for way too much bux, too beat up at too much bux, or a model I didn't
particularly want (I prefer a black body, wanted the later viewfinder
with framing for the 28mm, and a hot-shoe flash contact). I got lucky
on this one, the previous owner of my camera was a news photographer
who took excellent care of it and was looking for a fair deal. It was
advertised on netnews.

As regards mail order, I purchased the 90mm lens, a 28mm viewfinder and
a couple of other bits from Jim Kuehl. Everything he had available was
at a very good price, the lens was in better shape than he described.
 jim kuehl & co
 8527 university blvd  suite 9
 des moines,  IA  50325
 515-225-0110