To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Japs, Brits, Yanks, Krauts, Les Bosch, Jerry, Ruski's,etc.
From: Gary J Toop <gtoop@uoguelph.ca>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 1996 14:38:12 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 16 Jul 1996, ClaudeBatmanghelidj wrote:

SNIP
>         It strikes me as particularly provincial and American to be so PC.
> All this talk about not using names to describe people of a different race
> is just so much hipocracy, unless you are actively challenging the growing
> racial intolerance, both in the U.S., and in our treatment of other
> countries.  I think attacking me for an inocuous comment such as I made, is
> just being self righteous, and trying to make yorself look good without
> really doing anything.  In other words if you are so upset by my small
> comment, then you better really go after the Church burners, the Pete
> Wilsons, and the Jesse Helmses.  But then you're perfect, not an ounce of
> prejudice in your body, is there?  Remember, "let him who is without sin,
> cast the first stone."  Until then do everyone a favor and shut up.

Sincerely,                    Claude (pure frog) Batmanghelidj(good 100%
towlhead) .

	If you were to drop the comment about this kind of attitude being
"American" - which seems unecessarily derogatory, and is not true, as some
Canadians and Brits seem to be pretty good at riding the same high horse
these days -  I would agree with everything you say.  Amen to the rest!

Gary Toop

Replied: 17 Jul 96 17:35