To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Japs, Brits, Yanks, Krauts, Les Bosch, Jerry, Ruski's,etc.
From: zapcomix@silcom.com (ClaudeBatmanghelidj)
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 1996 15:57:04 -0700

>        If you were to drop the comment about this kind of attitude being
>"American" - which seems unecessarily derogatory, and is not true, as some
>Canadians and Brits seem to be pretty good at riding the same high horse
>these days -  I would agree with everything you say.  Amen to the rest!
>
>Gary Toop

        You are quite right.  My own vile prejudices are revealed in my
remark.  It might take some expalining.  I am American, but I have
inherited a unique disdain for many aspects of America from my mother who
is a hard core ex pat American living currently in London.  The one thing
she fretted over when I moved back to the States was losing my English
accent (or the trace of it that I had).  She can't understand why I want to
live here (neither can I at times).  Having said that, there are many
wonderful things about America, just as there are about every country.  In
fact, if you look at the earth from space, you will see no borders, so all
these nationalistic prejudices are really ridiculous.  For my part, I will
try to consider myself a human (as Carl Sagan says), and an inhabitant of
this small rock in the hostile emptiness of space.  That way I will be
ready for the time, in the not too distant future, when borders, like the
Berlin wall, will come down everywhere.

                                Thanks for your comment,    Claude.