To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Difference between 2 and 3 lug R lenses.
From: zapcomix@silcom.com (ClaudeBatmanghelidj)
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 1996 06:10:47 -0700

 There is someone locally, selling a 50 2.0, a 90 2.8, and a 35 2.8, all of
which are R lenses.  How can I tell if they are three or two lug lenses,
and what are the differences.  I will try and find out exactly which lenses
they are so I can seek more specific advice.  Also, there was one R model
made, I think it was the R3.  It was made in Portugal or some such place,
and is usually sold for a pittance ($2-300).  Is it a "junk" model?  And
what would be a good chassis for these lenses without spending too much?
The owner has an SL.  I am going to offer her $600 for all four items, if I
decide to go for it.

                                                Claude.