To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: RE: 90 mm Leica lenses.
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 1996 07:31:43 -0700

At 08:49 AM 7/20/96 -0400, you wrote:
>What's different about the M3? Longer baseline? Better Viewfinder?  This is
the first I've heard that it may have more accurate focusing?

It doesn't. Accuracy of the rangefinder is based on the baseline of the
viewfinder, and as far as I know, they are all the same in the M line. The
CL and CLE are shorter, which is why they don't work as well with the Noctilux.

The M3 does have a higher magnification in the viewfinder, because it
doesn't have to accomodate lenses wider than 35 without some optical trick.
But I doubt it makes a difference in focusing accuracy.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass (OR) Daily Courier
NPPA Region 11 JIB chair

Zen master to hotdog vendor: "Make me One with everything"

Replies: Reply from ms fokkema <michiel.fokkema@tip.nl> (Re: 90 mm Leica lenses.)