To: Leica-users <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: M3 35mm on M2
From: Thomas Pindelski <ThomasP@POSTOFFICE.nacm.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 96 11:38:00 PDT
Encoding: 19 TEXT

My 35mm Summicron with 'glasses' works fine on my M2, shrinking the 50mm
frame contents to show the correct field of view. The image is, of course,
quite small.

I would like to know if anyone has adapted their M3 35mm lens to work on an
M2 without the 'eyeglasses'.  The latter appear to be secured by only two
screws which I would think could be easily replaced with captive
thumbscrews.  Adaptation of the mount to bring up the M2's 35mm frame is, I
know, easily done. (Having it done on an early non-eyeglass f/3.5 Summaron
by DAG).

As the M3's 50mm frame is permanently shown, I wouldn't mind the fact that
the modified Summicron would now presumably also show the 135mm frame on the
M3.

Ideas or thoughts, anyone?

ThomasP@nacm.com

Replies: Reply from ms fokkema <michiel.fokkema@tip.nl> (Re: M3 35mm on M2 and viso I)