To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: European vs Japanese CARS
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 09:02:37 -0700

At 01:35 AM 7/23/96 -0400, you wrote:

>I don't know whether I should bother to get into all this again (cheers from
>the lurkers)--but: The Acura NSX, though a very different car, gives the top
>911 a run for its money (as a couple of recent comparison tests show) ,and

I have lusted for that Acura since I saw it's first picture. And I always
thought, until then, the Porsche was the ultimate care. Well, the 959 still
is, but...

I drove a 924 once, thinking I would buy it. All it took was driving it
three blocks to decide against it. Yuk!

>I'd just add--as a result of my experience in this whole discussion--that
>it's not necessary for any of us to prove that everything other than our
>favorite is terrible in order for us to be happy in the choices we've made.
>I just like everything about Leicas--they are such a pleasure to use.  That
>doesn't mean that top-line Canon or Nikon has to be called lousy and be
>angrily condemned, let alone condemned because it's Japanese!

Good point. It really is the overall experience of using Leicas that makes
it worth it. I have been using my M6 for a year now, and just now its
starting to really be easy to shoot with, and a pleasure to use. There were
times when I considered getting rid of it, but not now!

Eric Welch
Grants Pass (OR) Daily Courier
NPPA Region 11 JIB chair

You'll get what's coming to you ... Unless mailed