To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us, leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: The Leica FortéSender : owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
From: "Roger L. Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 15:17:52 -0700 (MST)

>Wait a minute, here!  "Lovely fit and feel the fabulous" Leica M's, maybe --
>but I've OWNED a couple of Nikon F's -- before I knew better, of course --
>and their finish was nowhere close to that of an R6/6.2.  Not bad, but
>hardly in the same league.
>
>Marc

I compared the fit & feel of the R, not the M, with the original Nikon F,
Marc. I'll stand on that comparison. I shot for 5 years with an early Nikon
F. It was awesome to me. I don't think the constructional aspects of the
today's R is any better than the
Nikon F.

Now, just calm down and tell me how I'm wrong. This is going to be as tough
as the auto issue, but, at least, it'll be on topic.
     --
     Roger Beamon,  Naturalist & Photographer
                               Docent:  Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum