To: Leica-users <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: 35mm f/3.5 Summaron
From: Thomas Pindelski <ThomasP@POSTOFFICE.nacm.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 96 13:17:00 PDT
Encoding: 17 TEXT

I picked one up a while back in mint condition, but found it brought up the
50mm frame in my M2.  DAG machined the mount so it now brings up the 35mm -
beautiful job.  After years of using a bespectacled 35mm on my M3 (an f/2.8
Summaron, later an f/2 Summicron) it's great not to have the bulk and weight
on the M2.  (I think my version is probably and early pre-spectacle M3
version for use with a separate viewfinder, hence the frame problem).

The aperture ring is a little tough to grasp with the ITOOY lens hood in
place (I may revert to just the UVa filter, no hood, depending on how much
flare there is) and the aperture setting dot is a bit tough to see. Also,
the aperture scale is non linear, albeit it has click stops. Otherwise, it
handles very sweetly - cost me $350, cleaned, lubed, machined and adjusted.
 I have yet to get the first results back and am interested what other users
think of this lens.

ThomasP@nacm.com