To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Screw mount user?
From: dkhong@pacific.net.sg (D Khong)
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 1996 11:03:35 +0800

At 01:38 PM 7/26/96 PDT, you wrote:

>"How many screwmount users, regular or occasional, are on this list?"
>
>I'm an M man myself (2 x M3, 1 x M2) and even though I have lusted after a
>IIIG for years, its price always seems _just_ out of reach, or accelerating
>away!
>
>ThomasP@nacm.com

I have a couple of M cameras,  and one IIIf.  The screwmount is nice to use
once you get around the separate RF and Viewing windows.  Some have double
images which are not so clear and it's difficult to focus in dim light.  An
OKARO orange filter helps a bit but not much.  The cameras are well built.
Film loading is a fiddly affair and if you like to tinker and play with
expensive toys like cameras, this is the way to go.

Interestingly, I find that ladies seem fascinated by screwmount leicas.
Maybe they are able to appreciate the cameras' beauty more than men.

Dan Khong