To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: my first motor drive experience
From: pgs@thillana.lcs.mit.edu (Patrick Sobalvarro)
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 00:38:15 -0400

I've been doing some macro photography lately and I got really tired
of bumping everything out of whack whenever I wound to the next frame,
so I thought I'd get myself a winder.  I arranged to buy a used Motor
Winder R4 from someone on the net, but it turned out to be a Motor
Drive R4 when I actually went to get it.  So I thought I would try it
out, and I put it on my camera, switched it to 4 fps and tried holding
the release button down.

Instantly: CLAK CLAK CLAK CLAK CLAK.  What a bizarre experience.  How
can you tell what the hell you're taking pictures of?  This makes me
think about the heavily-advertised 10 fps drive of the Canon EOS 1n
RS.  What do you use 10 fps for?  Count: 1, 2, 3.  Okay, now you have
to load a new roll of film!

I guess real motor drive users have the reflexes to make some sense
with these things while squeezing off these high-speed bursts.  But I
surely don't.

Replies: Reply from "joe b." <joe.b@private.nethead.co.uk> (Re: my first motor drive experience)