To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #142
From: stahl@erim.org (Gary Stahl)
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 96 08:53:13 EDT

Cameras <Cameras@ix.netcom.com> wrote:"What about th
eir
repair service...that's been the subject of recent discussions here. . . ."

I think I contributed to the discussion of Leica's repair service. About
two weeks ago I reported on my experience To summarize, work estimated to
take four weeks took ten and altough the work was overall very satisfactory
there was lint left behind in the veiwfinder.

After hearing from many of you I decided that I was not being too picky and
contacted Leica and sent the camera back to have the lint removed.

Eric Welch even suggested I request immediate turn arround. I did not
specifically request that, but Leica responded as if I had.  I recived
my camera back on Friday (27 July) exactly on week after the day I'd
shipped it.  It was clean and aside from the fact that I wish it had been
so in the first palce I am completely satisfied with their response.

I also recieved an E_mail from the service department expressing regret
for the problem.  Evidently some recent losses in technical personnel has
left Leica USA shorthanded in the repair department.

G. A. Stahl

Replies: Reply from Jack Hamilton <jackham@execpc.com> (Re: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #142)