To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leitz/Minolta CL: Question
From: David Young <youngs@IslandNet.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 96 20:31 PDT

At 05:00 PM 27/07/96 -0700, you wrote:

>        Hi all.  I'm writing from the other side, so I can only benefit
>from a response emailed to me personally.  I'm still interested in getting
>back into Leica, and have an opportunity to purchase a Leica CL with the 40
>and the 90 lenses that accompany it.  What are your opinions on this combo?
>How good are the lenses?  Can you use Leitz summicron 50 and 35 on this
>camera?  How is the Minolta CL?  Thanks for any responses!
>
>                                                            Claude.
>
>PS:  I had to get off the list because I was spending too much time in
>front of my computer.  If at some point I become a bona fide user, again,
>I'm sure I'll be back for all the invaluable chat and tips.

Hi Claude!

Although now an R5 user, I started out with a CL with the 40mm Sumicron and
the Tele-Elmarit-M 90.  Both were excellent lenses.  The camera was compact,
but easy to use, even for somone with big mits, like myself.

I did have one recurring problem.  If I went on an airplane ride of much
over 1000 miles, when I got off the plane, the rangefinder would not work.
(Well, it would work, but not accurately.  At infinity, the images were
still out of alignment.  Stopping down for lots of depth of field salvaged
most of the holiday pix!)

I'd come home, get it fixed, and it would be fine until the next airline
ride, when again the rangefinder would not work.  This cycle repeated itself
a minimum of 8 times, until finally I got rid of it, in favour of an R3.

Still, it was a delight to use, and when not on holiday, took exceptional
photos.

I am let to believe that my experience was not common - but you have been
warned!

BTW - I apologize for the several day delay in sending this, but my 'puter
died, and I had to put in a new motherboard. Sorry!

Best Regards,
David Young: youngs@IslandNet.com

	Sex is not the answer.
		Sex is the Question.