To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Meter for M4
From: wilcox@umcc.umich.edu (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 18:49:46 -0400

The MC is selenium celled and not as desirable, IMHO as the later meters.
For the M4 you should use an MR4 meter. The MR has its switch on the end
where it will interfere with the rewind crank. On the MR4 the switch is on
the top/front where it will not. Or at least that's the way I understand
it. I've been told that some MR meters also have the front/top switch.

The MR and MR4 meters were designed for mercury cells, but have a voltage
regulation system that allows them to use 1.5V silver cells without
problems.

>What is a desirable meter for the M4? Is it the MC or MR?
>What kinds of things should I look for when buying this
>second-hand?
>
>Thanks very much for any info.
>
>- Ihtisham

----