To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: MR4 meters -Reply
From: "C.M. Fortunko" <fortunko@boulder.nist.gov>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 1996 19:17:06 -0600

Joel,

They can certainly recalibrate these cameras. However, will they stay in
calibration?

Tomorrow, I will do my testing. Incidentally, I just visited two camera
stores and found out that a silver battery in PX625 size never existed. The
new PX625A is alkaline.

Leica service department would not allow me to speak with Ernst Hartmann.
They referred me to Leica GMBH in Germany, instead. I was also told that M6
is the current model.

Tomorrow, I will test the M5 and SL2. I am almost sure that they do not
contain internal regulators, but will experiment. For this purpose, I
already acquired a PX625A battery (alkaline) and a set of Kodak gray cards.

Best regards,

Chris