To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Lens cleaning question
From: Clevenson2@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 1996 19:50:41 -0400
Cc: suzuki@blatz.cs.uwm.edu

Hello Ichiro,

  I believe it is critical when reassembling a lens that all elements are
properly seated in the focusing mount and are concentric (collimated) with
each other.
  I recently sent four older screw-mount lenses to John Van Stelten at The
Focal Point in Louisville CO. The lenses had their inner optical surfaces
cleaned of haze, etc. I was very happy with the service and quality of work.
Turnaround was about 4 weeks and the cost was $75-95 per lens.
  I have heard of others having similar work done by DAG as well as Sherry
Krauter's Golden Touch shop in NY.
  I was told by Leica USA in NJ that they decided in the early 1980s that
they would no longer service screw-mount lenses (although they did repair my
1960 vintage 200 Telyt last year when the iris blades became dislodged).
  Hope this helps. Good luck!

Corey Levenson
Oakland CA