To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Small light meter to use with small Leica?
From: "Charles E. Love, Jr." <cel14@cornell.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 15:56:29 -0400 (EDT)

At 10:58 PM 8/8/96 +0100, you wrote:
>I'm looking forward to going out to take pictures with a recently-
>ordered IIIC. But my only separate light meter is a Lunasix 3, which is
>rather big (it's actually bigger than some of my cameras!). Does anyone
>have any recommendations for a light meter that will work in lowish
>light levels (ie not selenium), that will complement the relatively
>small dimensions of a IIIC body with collapsible lens?
>--
>joe b.

Leitz actually marketed light meters made for screw mount cameras; they fit
in the accessory shoe.  I was fortunate enough to find a working one, and
used it for years (up to the late 80's) with a IIIf and a IIIg.  It was
accurate, too!  There was one by Metrawatt and a couple by Sixtus, I think.
Anyway, camera and meter together made a neat outfit, almost as nice as an M
camera with an MR-4.
Charles E. Love, Jr.
517 Warren Place
Ithaca, New York