To: Leica-users <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Alpa
From: Thomas Pindelski <ThomasP@POSTOFFICE.nacm.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 96 17:00:00 PDT
Encoding: 18 TEXT

Thanks for the web address for the resurrected Alpa - their page indicates
it's a smaller Hasselblad 903 SWC 6x4.5. Sounds interesting.

The older Alpas, the ones with the black pentaprism housing/chrome
body/funky reverse lever wind, always struck me as exceptionally handsome.
I'm not quite sure how to define 'handsome' but it has a lot to do with the
pleasing aesthetics of the shape and coloring.

Others in this category include the Leicaflex SL (a look never approached by
the R series), the old 'bullseye' Contarex, the Retina IIIC, many TLR
Rolleiflexes and, of course, the lovely Leica M3, preferably with a chrome
rigid Summicron.

I've never been fortunate enough to own the Alpa or the Contarex, and wonder
if anyone has any thoughts on these based on real world use?

Thomas