To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: New Rangefinder cameras
From: jredfern@ftn.net (J. Redfern)
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 96 15:20 EDT

I would have thought Minolta to be the ideal candidate for such a venture.
They have modern prior experience with the CL and CLE.
        From a PR standpoint it would be right up their street too: they
have all but completely lost the "pro"  customer base and their ever
changeing line up of flimsy plastic offerings has done nothing to bolster
their image of late.
        A fancy interchangeable lens rangefinder has shown itself to be a
sure fire way to get the photo press wags into an instant lather and would
seem to automaticaly qualify for consideration as a professional tool. Just
look at all the waffle we had to read about the G1 at its launch.
        It's only when you get your hands on one that you realise it is
totally overhyped and is in NO WAY deserving of the pro camera tag. Nice
lenses, maybe but I wouldn't bet my next semesters earnings on the thing.