To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Re: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #160
From: Tom Mydosh <tmydosh@servtech.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 19:47:10 -0400

At 03:51 PM 8/19/96 GMT, you wrote:
>My first camera was a Minolta SRT-101, which I liked very much.  Next was a
>Nikkormat, the most rugged, indestructible piece of photo gear I have ever
>owned....
I enjoyed your post about these older cameras. When I was first getting into
photography in the early 70's, a high school friend got a 101 as a birthday
present. I was very envious! I remember it having a very bright viewfinder, and
was light but not flimsy. I can remember that CLACK! My father bought a
Nikkormat
FTn shortly thereafter (on my recommendation) and I used it quite a bit. They
certainly were very well made. I still use a 1974 F (bought new) and still
think its Nikon's greatest camera.

Tom Mydosh