To: "Leica List" <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Leica Tracing
From: John Barnier <jb@dgi.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 96 22:50:16 -0000

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this list, so please excuse any unintented blunders in my
initial procedures.

I have a friend who owns a very old, very exquisite Leica 3F (I didn't
see the designation, that's the model he says It is).
It's complete with five lenses, viewing attchments, lens hoods, filters,
etc, etc, etc.  It's in pristine shape, with serial number 536620.  Any
idea how old it is?  He's not interested in selling it as such, just
curious about its origins.

Does the serial number give an indication the date of manufacture? If so,
how can he research that?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

John Barnier

John Barnier
12560 Morris Trail North